Responsible for the day-to-day operations of an individual asset. Build a strong team with common goals and objectives. Manage residential/commercial/retail properties for owners by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. Duties include participation and oversight of: budgeting, workplace safety, financial reporting and tracking, marketing, operations, human resource administration and a property’s overall performance as a real estate asset.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist in the creation of annual property budget.
• Assure that there is a daily bank deposit of all checks and money orders received.
• Assure that petty cash is secured and properly accounted for.
• Assure that close out procedures are accurate and timely.
• Oversee all phases of rent collection, to include delinquent accounts, bad debt, and collection agency performance.
• Prepare monthly variance reports.
• Process invoices weekly and forward to accounting for payment.
• Analyze rents and fees for potential increase.
• Review operations and determine ways to reduce expenses and waste.
• Perform regular audits of reports to ensure accuracy and guard against loss/theft.
• Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends.
• Oversee the daily marketing/sales/customer service effort to ensure maximum potential is reached.
• Ensure compliance with photo ID policy.
• Have proper “tools” available for the marketing effort - floor plans, area information, transportation schedules, property/resident portal, etc.
• Keep vacant units clean and in market ready condition at all times.
• Supervise all outreach programs.
• Review first impression items monthly, e.g., entrance signs, office, professional attire, property website, and model appearance to ensure a positive impression.
• Review weekly traffic boxscores, leasing summary, and market survey reports with the Portfolio Manager and recommend adjustments as needed.
• Participate in the advertising plan for the community.
• Maintain occupancy at established levels by completing Property Performance Plans, adhering to the Lease Expiration Matrix, and ensuring that established leasing techniques and methods are used effectively by
the leasing staff.
• Review shopping reports with Leasing Consultants and provide guidance on how to improve.
• Assure that lease agreements are properly completed and renewed.
• Design, implement and maintain resident retention programs including newsletter, social activities and area events.
• Supervise the follow up with residents after maintenance requests have been performed.
• Ensure staff is providing superior customer service to all residents.
• Assure prompt and positive action on all resident complaints.
• Continually stress customer service and courtesy by all staff members in their contact with residents and prospective residents.
• Approve monthly newsletters for the community.
• Ensure renewal program is prepared on a timely basis and increases are effective, while maintaining budgeted occupancy and turnover percentages.
• Monitor all maintenance activities.
• Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests, work in progress, etc.
• Monitor work of contractors and report findings/concerns to the Portfolio Manager.
• Physically walk and inspect property on a regular basis.
• Assure that equipment is kept in proper working condition and repairs are made as necessary. Replace equipment as necessary as coordinated and approved with the Portfolio Manager.
• Ensure that all policies regarding Fair Housing are understood and followed by all employees and the Fair Housing notices are posted as required by local, state and federal regulations.
• Assist with eviction of residents in compliance with court order and directions from Lawyer and Portfolio Manager.
• Adhere to and monitor keys/locks in accordance with key control policies.
• Continuously be aware of safety practices and procedures. Ensure that safety meetings are conducted with staff members on a monthly basis.
• Keep common areas (e.g. halls, stairways, community room, grounds, play grounds, etc.) clean and in good repair. Repair unsafe items immediately, or mark so as to ensure no person is injured by the item
• Complete incident reports and forward to the insurance coordinator within 24 hours of event.
• Ensure company vehicle, if applicable, is maintained and operated in accordance with the Fleet Program.
• Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems and issues.
• Supervise all on-site personnel, either directly or indirectly.
• Provide staff with leadership and supervision which motivates employees to effectively perform.
• Provide new employees with a thorough introduction of the community so that they understand what is expected of them, the importance of their contribution to the financial performance of the community, how they fit into the team, and the importance of working safely.
• Conduct annual performance evaluation of the staff to accurately provide constructive feedback, including areas of needed improvement.
• Direct weekly team meeting to maximize communication among staff, and enhance performance and effectiveness.
• Assure that procedure manuals and instructional type memoranda are kept orderly and readily available to staff
• Assure that policy and procedure changes are communicated to the employees who need to know or as directed by the Portfolio Manager.
First consideration will be given to internal candidates.
· Respect, honesty, and integrity
· Professional presentation
· Calm under pressure
· Passion for service
· Strong work ethic
· Commitment to teamwork
· Adept at listening to others
· Dependability and adaptability
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.