Title: Project Accountant
Report to: Accounting Manager
Summary: This is a full-time position within the Accounting department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following (other duties may be assigned to meet business needs):
• Maintain financial records and general ledger for a portfolio of projects
• Produce financial statements and reconciliations as needed
• Support Asset Management and Development groups to produce accounting information and draw packages
• Reconcile monthly bank statements and subledger accounts
• Produce capital calls and distributions for investors and partners
• Produce reporting for investors, lenders, funds, and projects
• Work with tax preparers and external auditors on year-end tax and audit prep
• Team player who is organized, proactive, self-directed, conscientious and assumes accountability and responsibility for specific performance and work product
• Must possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Must be comfortable interacting and communicating with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products. Also some experience with Yardi or other accounting software is a plus.
• Must possess good verbal and written communication skills
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a Bachelor’s degree in another field with 2-3 years of accounting work experience. Public accounting experience and CPA certification is a plus.
JBG is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.