High School diploma or equivalent required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Two (2) or more years of office experience preferred, ideally in the property management, retail or customer service industry.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel necessary.
- Intermediate capabilities with other Windows programs and the operation of a PC in general. Ability to learn and effectively use internal software packages such as Procure to Pay.
- Clerical skills: type 40-50 wpm, meticulous record keeping, and organized file maintenance.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to accurately collect, interpret, organize and evaluate detailed data.
- Must be able to calculate a percentage with the aid of a calculator and read a standard ruler/measuring tape.
- Friendly, helpful team player with a positive, customer-service attitude.
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to work independently and effectively manage concurrent tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Flexible, versatile, and able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Quick learner, independent worker/thinker.
- Great attention to detail; follow-through.
- Bright, capable, logical, intelligent.
- Exercise good judgment and takes initiative to properly address and resolve issues.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to partner with manager to increase efficiency and organization.
- Ability to prepare draft correspondence from verbal guidance and/or notes and proofread to detect and correct grammatical and spelling errors.
- Pleasant and professional image and phone manner.
Other Important Attributes:
- Composed demeanor, professional appearance, positive attitude and customer-oriented approach are priorities for this position.
- Ability to keep processes moving forward and take initiative as appropriate.
- Must be confident and capable when communicating with customers inside and outside the company.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, effectively prioritizes tasks, and manages time well.
- Must be self-motivated, reliable, dependable with excellent attendance, flexible and versatile.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.