- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree preferred.
- Two (2) or more years of office experience, preferably in property management services or commercial Real Estate.
- Clerical skills: type 50-60 wpm, meticulous record keeping, and organized file maintenance.
- Strong analytical skills: collect, interpret, organize and evaluate detailed data.
- Advanced word processing/Word and electronic spreadsheet/Excel skills.
- Intermediate capabilities with other Windows programs and the operation of a PC in general. Ability to learn and effectively use internal software packages such as Yardi.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to increase efficiency and organization.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision or direction and to effectively utilize resources to complete tasks effectively and efficiently while prioritizing tasks, and managing time well.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal & written).
- Ability to prepare draft correspondence from verbal guidance and/or notes and proofread to detect and correct grammatical and spelling errors.
- Ability to adapt to multiple and rapidly changing deadlines while paying close attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize workload to meet the needs and priorities of the Vice Presidents and General Managers.
- Ability to stay focused and follow conversations (personal and telephone) with visual distraction and background office noise.
- Pleasant and professional phone manner.
Other Important Attributes:
- Composed demeanor, professional appearance, positive attitude and customer-oriented approach are priorities for this position.
- Exercises good judgment and is tactful; able to discreetly handle sensitive personal and confidential personnel matters and information.
- Ability to keep processes moving forward and take initiative as appropriate.
- Must be self-motivated, reliable, dependable with excellent attendance, flexible and versatile.
- Must be confident and capable when communicating with customers inside and outside the company.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.