- Supervisory Experience: Three or more years preferred
- Possesses strong leadership skills, capable of motivating and developing teams and individuals to exceptional performance through assessment, coaching/mentoring, conflict resolution
Education / Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- A high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required
- Possess and maintain a current license as a Class Three Steam Boiler Engineer (at minimum) from the District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs Occupational and Professional Licensing Administration, or equivalent licensing acceptable to the Company
- Specific licensure in another building-related trade is desired, but not required
- Certification as a CFC Universal Technician from an US EPA-approved program is required
- General Facility Operations/Maintenance/Repair Experience: Eight or more years of experience within the disciplines of stationary engineering, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, fire protection, other mechanical systems and/or general building/facilities maintenance
- Specialized Experience: Five or more years in mechanical operations maintaining boilers, chillers and HVAC systems (large commercial/residential facilities preferred)
- Experience managing operations, asset inventories and service history with a computerized maintenance management system
- Familiarity with the operation of building automation systems is preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, controls and components using appropriate tools
- Ability to read construction documents, blue prints, pneumatic mechanical and/or electric control drawings
- General knowledge of safe work practices & OSHA regulations, OSHA 30 training is preferred
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook) to prepare reports and other operations documentation; general capability with the operation of a PC and mobile communication devices, including Internet browsers
- Ability to set goals and priorities, think strategically and manage projects, develop budgets and staffing plans
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, proactively contributes ideas to improve operations
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, able to effectively articulate instructions and directions to others.
- Provide an effective means for contact after normal working hours and be able to respond to urgent building issues
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, manage concurrent tasks with multiple deadlines, flexible, versatile and quickly adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Maintains a composed, friendly demeanor; professional appearance; possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills, and the ability to communicate in a confident, positive, professional manner to customers, employees, visitors, and vendors.
- Must be reliable, dependable with excellent attendance, and have schedule flexibility to respond to callbacks and work overtime as required to meet business needs
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.