The Bookkeeper is responsible for all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable activity at the property, especially rent payments and invoice processing.
• Collect all rents, deposits, and fees.
• Make daily bank deposits.
• Process late payments, administering the appropriate notices and fees to late customers.
• Maintain the Delinquency Report, interacting with those customers still outstanding to ensure the maximum monies are collected each month.
• Maintain accurate resident records.
• Maintain a positive customer service attitude.
• When necessary, greet prospective residents and answer/handle incoming calls.
• When necessary, accept service requests from residents and route to maintenance for prompt processing.
• Assist with the renewal process.
• Physically inspect property when on grounds; pick up litter and report any service needs to the Property Manager.
• Process invoices in a timely manner.
• Update management reports on a daily basis and provide information to the Property Manager.
• Perform regular audits of reports to ensure accuracy and to guard against loss/theft.
• Process move-outs, including assessing damage charges and issuing refunds.
• Balance reports and books correctly.
• Perform end-of-month closing activities.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee primarily works indoors but occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee regularly works near
moving mechanical office equipment parts.
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.