This is a full-time position within the Accounting department managing an internal team of 1-2 managers and 4-5 lease administrators and an off-shore team of 6-8 full time employees. This position will take a leadership role within the department and will be responsible for ensuring data integrity of lease information maintained in two accounting systems, overseeing a future system conversion, communicating with tenants, property managers and leasing managers on lease administration issues, integration of new properties into the portfolio, developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP and SEC/SOX requirements, and managing the financial close process to ensure deadlines are met.
Qualified candidates must have the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently, be detail oriented, have excellent organizational and follow through skills, have exceptional oral and written communication skills and be able to provide the highest level of both internal and external customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following (other duties may be assigned to meet business needs):
- Abstract and set-up of all lease documents (new leases, amendments, terminations, assignments, subleases, etc.) in Yardi Voyager and Integrated Business Systems. Calculate and enter necessary billing adjustments. Maintain written backup of billing data in lease files. Review all documentation for signatures and completeness.
- Generate and post monthly recurring rental charges.
- Update and monitor property rent rolls and square footage, maintain stacking plans.
- Review and monitor key lease provisions (i.e. options, expirations, kick-outs, and co-tenancy).
- Maintain and update lease statistics as required.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of lease files.
- Assist tenants with any billing or account questions.
- Assist property management staff with any tenant account questions or lease questions.
- Process adjustments/write-offs upon receipt of necessary approvals. Maintain written backup of all adjustments to tenants’ accounts in lease files.
- Maintain and monitor critical dates in Yardi Voyager to track date-sensitive lease/economic requirements.
- Calculate and bill CPI rental adjustments/increases.
- Monitor, request and enter gross sales information and calculate/bill percentage rents for retail tenants.
- Maintain/track letters of credit required vs. received, expiration dates, reductions, etc.
- Deliver accurate lease reporting data on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Review monthly rent roll reconciliations prepared by property management staff prior to rolling rents.
- Calculate monthly straight-line calculations in accordance with company policy.
- Prepare and maintain tenant operating expense, CAM and real estate tax pools in accordance with lease requirements.
- Prepare and bill tenant pass-thru reconciliations for operating expenses, real estate taxes and percentage rent. Maintain property summary schedules for auditing.
- Prepare and bill tenant pass-thru estimates for operating expenses, real estate taxes and percentage rent. Maintain property summary schedules for auditing.
- Prepare monthly recovery accrual calculations.
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.