JBG Smith is focused on repositioning and redeveloping Crystal City into a world class city. Over 5 million square feet of new office, retail and residential will be developed over the next 10 years. Significant infrastructure and transportation improvements are critical elements in realizing the future potential of this city. The planning effort required to achieve these infrastructure improvements requires a significant level of engagement and interface with community associations, the Crystal City BID, Federal, State and local government agencies. We are seeking an individual who will:
- focus on these projects
- assist in the formulation of strategic action plans for each project
- assist and support senior JBG Smith personnel in efforts to build and mobilize coalitions of support for these projects
- identify existing infrastructure programs and funding sources
- explore new approaches to accelerate the approval of these projects while simultaneously identifying all potential funding sources.
More specifically, this position will encompass, but not be limited to the following:
- Full time focus on keeping Crystal City in the news with well-placed articles and speaking engagements
- Full time focus on social media opportunities to drive awareness of Crystal City related news and events
- Coordinating special events to bring activity, events to Crystal City
- Coordinate event with various Industry associations and organizations.
- Organize a team of community and government representatives to oversee implementation of the transportation as well as other government services (some BID overlap)
- Work with and develop relationships with VDOT, AMTRAK, CSX and VRE to build the station and increase ridership
- Track progress and attend meetings on the Long Bridge reconstruction
- Track and influence the development of Long Bridge Park
- Track Transportation improvements
- Develop materials, apply and advocate for infrastructure funding from VDOT, NVTA, and other federal and state sources
- Advocate for legislation that can provide tax abatement, incentives or other state economic programs for Crystal City
- Work with VDOT and the County to roll out the new transportation network for Crystal City.
- Work with VDOT and the County to implement the new transportation network for Crystal City.
- Track all TIF projects in Crystal City and work with the County to maximize the TIF and land opportunities created through the revised transportation plan.
- Work with WMATA on the reconstruction of the Crystal City Metro Station
- Identify and create talking points for all transportation improvements to be used by JBGS
- Attend Neighborhood meetings and educate each of the neighboring community associations of the transportation plan and the new amenities for all JBGS activities.
- Track County Initiatives
- Act as one of the Crystal City Business Improvement District (BID) representatives for JBGS
- Attend BID meetings and coordinate JBGS activity with the BID
- Work with the Governor’s Office, Congress, MWAA, US Park Service, Amtrak, CSX and VRE and WMATA to support and implement the new train station and street grid in order to create an Airport City
- Coordinate all efforts with the potential station in Crystal City.
This person will report directly to the Chief Development Officer, coordinate closely with other internal JBGS team members and will support the efforts of the various development teams working on Crystal City.