Responsibilities / Essential Duties:
- Perform daily payroll department operations
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Assist in the reconciliation of payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc.)
- Process new hires, terminated employees and employee changes
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Experience with collective bargaining agreements and unions a plus
- Research and email appropriate audience of file issues
- Strong work ethic and team player who can learn quickly and maintain a positive attitude
- High degree of professionalism.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Outstanding suite of communication skills, including verbal, written and listening
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize and work under deadline pressures
- Knowledge of Yardi a plus
Education / Previous Experience:
- Associate’s degree in related field required
- 3+ years of experience processing multi-state payroll
- 2+ years experience with Ultipro required
- FPC or CPP preferred
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.