The Customer Service Representative is typically the first person our residents and prospective residents see when they enter the office. They set the tone for the customer experience by acting as an ambassador for their community.
Work Schedule (32 hours per week):
Dynamic city living with all the stops pulled out. Prepare to be moved by the latest in contemporary, luxury living in Alexandria. Because at Notch 8, life doesn’t stop when you walk through the doors—it’s just getting started.
• Maintain a professional, friendly atmosphere for customers.
• Cheerful and courteous, and effectively greets prospects, residents, and guests.
• Strive to make residents feel welcome and comfortable in the community.
• Offer appropriate assistance on a proactive basis.
• Answer incoming calls and handle accordingly.
• Correctly transfer calls to appropriate person.
• Take accurate phone messages.
• Handle different situations; apply common sense and judgment to work problems.
• Communicate clearly and effectively.
• Use tact when dealing with others.
• Accept packages and deliveries.
• Complete all paperwork correctly.
• Remain organized and efficient.
• Meet deadlines.
• Process/sort incoming mail.
• Complete all data entry/computer requirements accurately on a daily basis.
• Maintain accurate resident records.
• Operate equipment properly.
• Proofread and review all documents and reports to ensure error-free work.
• Organize and coordinate work.
• A minimum of 1 year experience in a fast-paced customer service environment
• At least 6 months of administrative experience (i.e. working in an office environment)
• Must be high school graduate, or possess equivalency
• Proficient with MS Office Suite
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Respect, honesty, and integrity
· Professional presentation
· Calm under pressure
· Passion for service
· Strong work ethic
· Commitment to teamwork
· Adept at listening to others
· Dependability and adaptability
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.