The Leasing Consultant is an integral part of the office team at an apartment community. They are sales professionals who know how to determine the needs of the potential resident, address those needs with the perfect apartment home, and close the sale. Whether they are finding a home for a potential resident or helping an existing resident, they aim to provide exceptional experiences and make a lasting impression.
This position requires the candidate be bilingual in Spanish and English.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Greet and build rapport with prospective residents.
• Thoroughly complete guest card.
• Adhere to all fair housing laws and comply with photo ID policy.
• Consistently practice effective leasing and closing techniques.
• Professionally present community and take every prospective resident on a tour route showing the apartments and amenities.
• Follow up with all prospective residents by phone or in writing within 48 hours of their visit.
• Respond to all Internet leads within 1-2 hours of contact.
• Log all calls and visits into computer and maintain acceptable closing ratio.
• Correctly complete all lease applications, assist with application verification/administration, and notify prospective residents of results.
• Complete all lease paperwork accurately, including related addenda.
• Ensure new residents sign lease paperwork.
• Assemble and distribute move-in packets.
• Accept deposits and rental payments.
Customer Service/Resident Retention
• Maintain a positive customer service attitude, as well as a professional and friendly atmosphere in the leasing office.
• Optimize all presentation issues, to include balloons, cookies, background music, tour route, etc.)
• Physically inspect community when on grounds; pick up litter and report any service needs for action.
• Inspect models and market ready vacancies daily to ensure cleanliness.
• Walk vacants prior to move in.
• At move-in, conduct a walk-through with new resident and provide orientation to community and surrounding neighborhood.
• Answer incoming phone calls and handle accordingly.
• Participate in resident retention and renewal programs.
• Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends.
• Initiate and participate in outreach activities.
• Assume responsibility to generate prospect traffic.
• Market property/resident portal.
· Respect, honesty, and integrity
· Professional presentation
· Calm under pressure
· Passion for service
· Strong work ethic
· Commitment to teamwork
· Adept at listening to others
· Dependability and adaptability
JBG is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.